Without a doubt, my absolute favorite holiday is Independence Day. Sure, I adore getting together for delicious feasts on Thanksgiving and hanging ornaments on the tree for Christmas — but there’s nothing better than the sheer joy of summertime weather mixed with backyard barbecues and carefree celebrations. I love it all: sparklers, spritzers, sprinklers, and red, white, and blue galore!
While browsing for clever ideas for this year’s July 4th festivities, I found a spread of ideas that were too cute not to share with my scarf gals (oh, and if you’re looking for outfit inspiration, check out our holiday outfit ideas for the big day, too). From delicious snacks to swoon-worthy spreads, there’s bound to be something that fits into your Independence Day party theme. Try a DIY and a recipe or two. Trust me: you’ll by the hostess with the mostess in no time. ;)
- This Red, White, and Blueberry Trifle by Martha Stewart is the perfect dessert for a hot summer barbecue: light, refreshing, and scrumptious.
- I ADORE everything in this spread by A Field Journal. From the paper trays to the bold banners, it’s every bit adorable, festive, and country-cute.
- These mouth-watering cookie ice cream sandwiches by Cooking On the Side are easy to make and will be a guaranteed crowd (and stomach :)) pleaser!
- Doesn’t this porch just make you want to cuddle up and read a good book or play classic board games with the fam? Gingham, stripe, and polka dot patterns (and flowers in patriotic hues!) keep Americana themes fresh and chic.
- Impress your family and friends with a super-cool flag cake! This one by Glorious Treats is crafted to patriotic perfection (we love the robin’s blue cake stand, too!).
- I ♥ how this centerpiece is so colorful and so simple! Just collect some blue jars and pick red peonies — so charming, so classy, so shabby-chic.
- Because no July 4th celebration is complete without a delicious cocktail, especially one that’s super cute and festive. ;)
- This sweet (and completely adorable) red, white, and blue picnic over at Junebug Weddings makes my heart melt. Berries, chevron, and bread baskets are the epitome of chic simplicity.
- Summer movie nights are the best! Take a cue from Your Homebased Mom and put together a wagon full of goodies like soda pop and cracker jacks. This is a cute idea for fireworks-watching, too. :)
- And of course, no July 4th would be complete without fabulous nails — obsessed with this cute DIY gingham nail art from The Beauty Department!