DIY Triangle Print Infinity Scarf
Every so often, I get a print stuck in my head, and I keep wearing and making it until I get sick of it. These days, that print is triangles. I love the geometric print on everything — pants, shirts, jewelry, and of course, scarves. :)
Image sources: Proenza Schoeler Triangle Scarf, Kate Sheridan Bag, Triangle Print
Lately I’ve been seeing triangles everywhere — bags, prints, the runway — so I wanted to make a triangle print scarf of my own. It’s super simple, and you only need a bit of time!
Supplies you need:
- Paint (Soft Fabric Paint is best)
- Scarf (Any scarf will do. For a scarf similar to mine, I like this and this, too.)
- Water to dilute the paint
- Paper/plastic to put under the scarf so it doesn’t bleed
It’s quite simple to add a print to your scarf! You can use this for any technique:
- First, I put the paint on a plate in different amounts and swirled them all together.
- After that, I added a little bit of water to dilute the paint and make it easier to stamp all over the scarf.
- Then, I got my sponge a bit wet and started stamping!
- After one side of the infinity scarf was done, I let it dry and then stamped the other side.
After the scarf was done drying, I wanted to experiment a bit with how to tie an infinity scarf. The thing I love about scarves is that they make an outfit look effortless, but put together, too.
My best attempt at an effortless infinity scarf knot. :) Looking for other ways to tie infinity scarves? Click below to check out the tutorials in the Knot Library!
There's no place like home! Take me back to ScarvesDotNet.