12 Summer Essentials You Can’t Live Without
Ahhhhh. Sweet, sweet summertime — so refreshing, relaxing, and oh-so-lovely! Pool days, bonfires, cookouts, festivals, concerts, barbecues, lounging: I couldn’t be more ready for this hot hot season. And while I absolutely love the events taking place all over the city, I love love love summer’s effortless fashion even more. I’m digging everything from bohemian-glam to sailor-chic, and everything in-between. ;)
Sure, there are crazy summer trends out there, but then there’s those stylish necessities that every scarf gal absolutely cannot live without. This summer, be sure to stock your closets and cupboards with these:
- The sailor scarf: This navy scarf goes with just about everything, and adds the perfect amount of fresh-from-the-yacht, preppy-pretty to your Fourth of July attire. :) Stumped on how to wear it? No worries, scarf gal Stacie has you covered.
- Sunscreen: If there’s one thing on the list you absolutely, positively must have, it’s a bottle of SPF 30 or higher. Your skin is uber-fragile, and the key to staying healthy starts with slathering on a thick layer of protection before you step outside. Whether you prefer sprays, lotions, or gels, make sure to carry some around in your purse for touch-ups, too.
- A luxe-looking crossbody bag: This glam hands-free bag lets you go on your summer adventures without a worry. Dress this bag down with a tank and shorts for day, and dress it up with a flowy mini for night. A chain-link strap is an added bonus–it’s like a piece of jewelry for your purse!
- Jean shorts: Every gal needs a pair of go-to jean shorts. Just make sure they fit well and aren’t too short. ;)
- A bright necklace: Statement necklaces add the perfect pop of color, and it’s the perfect piece for updating last year’s party dress/favorite tank/summer sweater — you name it!
- A sheer blouse: Choose one that’s lightweight and simple; it can double as a cover-up at the pool and looks fabulous with a pair of relaxed jeans for running errands!
- A maxi anything: Maxi skirts and dresses add an easy-breezy boho vibe. I’m loving the look of my chambray shirt tucked in to my maxi skirt right now! I love wearing mine out at night or for casual backyard gatherings.
- White jeans: It’s no secret that I’m a little obsessed with white this season. White jeans are my new neutral.
- A chic braid: There’s nothing easier and more playful than messy hair swept up into a braid. Whether you’re into side braids, pigtails, or bun braids, it’ll instantly make you feel and look oh-so-pretty.
- Strappy sandals: I wear mine with rolled up jeans one day and a breezy skirt the next. They’re so versatile! I love how they give off a relaxed, “I’m not trying” vibe, but look understated-cool.
- A pink pout: Bright lips are my go-to beauty secret for summer. Whenever I need to brighten my outfit (whether on a date or at work), I swipe on a pink shade and embrace the pep in my step. Pinks look good on every skin tone!
- The jean jacket: I feel kind of bad for my lightweight cardigans this summer, because I’m all about the jean jacket over my maxis, sundresses, and paired with my colored pants. I love the contrast of tough-looking jean against more feminine colors and fabrics.
So how’d I do? Did I miss any must-haves on your list? Let me know in the comments below!
There's no place like home! Take me back to ScarvesDotNet.