40% Off Entire Store!
Your cart is currently empty.
Or View Cart
Free shipping on Orders over $35
June 15, 2012 by Scarves Dot-Net
Summer is a time for sunkissed skin, beach-ready hair, and bright colors.
But wait, what about your makeup?
As wonderful as the sunshine and heat are, it can be a nightmare for your face. Smudged mascara, cakey foundation, sticky lipstick — oh my!
But, a Scarves Dot Net Gal always looks like the sunkissed goddess she is. Read our top 10 summer makeup tricks! You’ll look like a bronzed beauty — and not a wilting flower!
1. Use a primerA primer goes on before foundation to help it stay in place. Taking the time to use a primer will keep your makeup looking good, even in 90 degree weather.
2. Ditch your foundation and powdersTry using a tinted moisturizer with SPF for the summer. It’s much lighter, allowing your skin to breathe. Also, it won’t get sticky or melt out in the sun.
3. BronzerSummer is absolutely the best time for a bronzer. To properly apply bronzer, you should put it where the sun naturally hits: your forehead, cheekbones, nose, and chin.
4. Eliminate shineNo one wants oily skin. Unfortunately, the heat and humidity often cause us to shine. A simple solution is to carry blotting papers with you to use as needed.
5. WaterproofA waterproof mascara is your best friend in the summer. Just be sure you have a good makeup remover to avoid buildup.
6. Leave the lipstickJust like the foundation, lipstick is something you can go without during summer. It’s just too heavy. Instead, opt for a tinted lip balm, preferably one with SPF to protect your lips from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
7. Lighten up on the eyesTry eyeshadows in lighter, neutral shades. Try a bronze or gold hue for a little shimmer that will let you glow in the sun!
8. Cream vs PowderCream eyeshadows and blushes tend to cake less in hot weather, as opposed to powders that mix with sweat and cause a disaster on your face.
9. Liquid eyeliner vs pencilA quality liquid eyeliner, though not as easy to apply, will smudge much less than a kohl pencil.
10. Lighten the soapsTry a more gentle face washing regimen for the summer. Stay away from harsh soaps that will dry out your skin.
Do you have any summer makeup tips? Please share in the comments below!
There's no place like home! Take me back to ScarvesDotNet.
All blog comments are checked prior to publishing
is added to your shopping cart.
is added to your wish list.