Head Scarf Tying For Bginners
New to the head scarf trend? No worries! Our crafty scarf stylists have taken the guesswork out of tying two of our newest head scarf knots: Bows Away and Criss Cross. With a series of steps that are oh-so-easy to follow, the most challenging part of perfecting your ‘do will be matching your scarf to your outfit!
You can also check out our complete collection of head scarf knots in The Knot Library!
How to tie a Bows-Away tie
1. Use a large square scarf.
2. Fold the scarf in half like a triange.
3. Center the folded edge at the nape of your neck and bring the middle corner up to your forehead.
4. Bring each side up over your ears to the top of your head.
5. Tie a bow with the sides.
6. Tuck in the middle corner.
7. Ta-da! A beautiful bow for every occasion.
How to tie a Criss Cross tie
1. Using a long rectangular scarf and hold horizontally.
2. Center the scarf on your forehead.
3. Bring the sides over your ears to the nape of your neck.
4. Tie a knot at the nape of your neck with the two sides.
5. Tightly twist one of the sides.
6. Bring the twisted side over the top of your head like a headband.
7. Tuck the end into the knot at the nape of your neck.
8. Repeat steps 6,7, & 8 with the other side, crossing it over the first twist.
9. Voila! You've mastered this intricate knot!