DIY: Add Fringe to Your Scarf
Some of us can’t just accept things as they are; instead, we see the greater potential. Whether we want to fix up an old house, a boyfriend or an accessory, we can’t wait to get to work. So if you find yourself unsatisfied with a scarf of yours, why not snazz it up and make it an original by adding some fringe?
- Choose a cotton or silk scarf. These will be easier to unravel.
- Decide how long you’d like your fringe to be and measure it out on the scarf, marking it with tailor’s chalk. Do this at both ends of the scarf.
- Make a tiny cut at the bottom corner of the scarf and grab the thread that runs across the scarf, not up and down the scarf.
- Pull this thread to remove it from the scarf, unraveling the threads running in the opposite direction.
- Continue this process until you reach the mark you made.
- Group the fringe into small sections and tie them into knots.
- Don’t forget to tie to last piece of excess thread in a knot so the scarf doesn’t continue to unravel.
- Wrap it around your neck and you’re ready to go.
Don’t consider yourself a crafty person? Why not check out our collection of fringe-featured scarves!
There's no place like home! Take me back to ScarvesDotNet.